Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them



Release Date: Out now

Okay I haven't done a review in awhile so I apologise if this seems sloppy but I may just fangirl a lot because oh my god this movie!!

As Talia said, as soon as you hear the first chord of Hedwigs Lullaby, it is almost as if the Wizarding World has welcomed you home again. There is nostalgia aplenty but alot of new too.

I want to start off with the actors because they are what made it an exceptional piece of cinematic genius.
Eddie Redmayne is amazing. There are no words to describe how good his acting was. He really brought the character to life. I have seen this actor in movies such as Les Miserables and it was completely different. Such a talent to take a character and completely become them, to lose yourself. Redmayne does this seamlessly, his portrayal of Newt Scamander was perfect and by far my favourite thing about the entire movie. His portrayal reminded me slightly of Matt Smith as the 11th Doctor but hey, maybe thats just me.

Other actors and actresses that stood out were Katherine Waterston as Porpentina Goldstein, Colin Farrell as Percival Graves, Dan Fogler as Jacob Kowalski, and Fine Frenzy as Queenie Goldstein.
These characters were believable, funny, and perfect for their parts. I am not sure how many people know about another key actor so I apologise if this is a spoiler but, the 5 minutes that Johnny Depp is in the movie were brilliantly done. It adds anticipation for the next movie and honestly the man is a god (just my opinion) he is so diverse that I just can't fault him and seeing him in the movie made it even better for me.

Okay moving onto the parts you really care about, the storyline. I did not know what to expect with this movie, since we have always had a Harry Potter book to read before the next movie so we always knew what would happen, it just made it completely different and actually made me look forward to it more as it was completely new. You felt that nothing was missing that you loved this way. I mean we all hate that Kreacher was never seen fighting against Voldemort! Although, saying that,  the script has been preordered and I can't wait to read it :D

The storyline moved along at a good pace, it quickly introduced you to everything you needed to know but it didn't seem rushed. You were happy to be back in that world of magic, I honestly think I would have sat and watched a movie of just their daily wizard lives just to get the magic back.

I don't think I have any issues with the storyline, everything just worked so well! After speaking to someone, they mentioned that they didn't like the forced relationship with two of the characters that may occur in future movies but in my opinion, that may be because there has never been too much focus on relationships. Yeah yeah, I know there were plenty in the Harry Potter books/movies but the main focus in those books/movies is the trio's friendship being the strongest bond. But again that is my opinion and I think it all depends on the future movies and how they deal with it as to whether it becomes a distraction.

The graphics were beautiful. The movie is visually spectacular and I loved it. The 'beasts' were brilliant, I totally want some of them in real life. I think we all wanted a few of the different beasts! 

The movie has left me with a lot of wonderings about what the next movies are going to contain. How they will follow on from that. Especially since we know some things about Grindalwald from the Harry Potter books, I can't help wondering how much of that we are going to get to see!!

Overall I really really enjoyed this movie and I will probably end up seeing it again multiple times when I'm less tired (always an issue with midnight showings but totally worth it).

I think I will rate this as a 4.5/5.

Emma :D

No comments